TR (technical regulations)certification.
The Russian Federal Law №184 on Technical Regulation dated on 27.12.2002 establishes the rules of state regulatory requirements for industrial and consumer goods, buildings, related business processes, as well as for consumer services.
According to this Law, a Technical Regulation (in Russian: Tekhnicheskiy Reglament) is the primary document which establishes the obligatory requirements for various goods to be sold in Russia and determines the scope of consumer’s/industrial goods for TR certification \declaration
A Technical Regulation can be either general or special.
Information about submitted Technical Regulations published on the official Rosstandard’s web site . Some of them listed below :
- TR on safety devices, operating on gaseous fuels approved by RF Government Resolution 11.02.2010, N 65. (Come into force from 1.01. 2011)
- TR on the Safety of machinery and equipment, approved by RF Government Decree of 15 September 2009 N 753.
- TR on safety of products intended for children and adolescents, approved by RF Government Decree № 307 of April 7, 2009.
- TR on fire safety requirements, the Federal Law № 123-FZ of 22 July 2008.
- TR on the Safety of low voltage equipment Federal Law № 347-FZ of December 27, 2009. (Come into force from 27(28).12.2010-postponed)
- TR on safety equipment for working in hazardous environments, approved by RF Government Resolution of 24.02.2010, N 86. (Come into force from 1.03. 2011 postponed)
- TR on safety of sea transport facilities, approved by RF Government Resolution of 12.08.2010, N 620. (Come into force from 12.08. 2011)
Usually , each TR contains description (list) of related products which required certification or declaration , together with list of federal standards . Additionally, RF Government issues the list of products which required certification or declaration with related HS codes – for customs official usage .
(For example, here are the related descriptions for the “Safety of machinery and equipment” TR : text ; list of federal standards ; list of products
Unfortunately , there are no joined official data base , where are all actual product’s lists required certification or declaration , can be found and recognized easily . Thus , before the shipment , You have even carefully check related TRs or send us a request.
The main differences between TR and GOST R are:
- the TR certificate can be issued up to 5 years validity ( GOST R up to 3 years )
- the TR certificate can be issued only after testing by authorized test laboratory ( at the GOST R system there are exist the scheme #9 with allowance for usage manufacturer’s tests & other documents together with application-declaration)
Voluntary certification suitable for products which are not listed in the “nomenclature” for mandatory certification. Voluntary certificate stated the compliance to the applicable Russian norms. Usually it’s used as marketing tool for product placement on the Russian market. Voluntary certificate doesn’t accepted for customs clearance.
There are a lot of various voluntary certification systems , registered and used in Russia . Among the others , it makes sense to mention :
- ROSSTROY CERTIFICATION Purpose of carrying out certification of production in building.
- estimation of its conformity to requirements established in standards and specifications on production, including area of its application (that is conformity to appointment), and also resulted in building norms and rules to settlement and other characteristics.
- estimation on conformity to requirements of international and national standards of foreign countries.
Full estimation of properties of new certificated home or imported production, connected with reliability and durability of buildings and constructions (in absence of them in operating standard documents) is done by special programs establishing order and rules of carrying out certification of given production, indicators confirming conformity of production to its functional purpose taking into account features of production, conditions of its manufacture, operation, etc., and also techniques of definition of these parametres
- GAZPROM CERTIFICATION The company Gazprom has its own certification system and demands to carry out an internal examination of products of all distribution companies and suppliers. Time of certification lasts approx. 14 days and is voluntary, but, however, it does not release you from the GOST-R certification. The term of validity of the certificate of Gazprom is set up for 1-3 years.
RMRS Russian Maritime Register of Shipping (RS)
Since 1993 RS has been maintaining the internal quality management system developed in compliance with ISO 9001. The RS quality management system is certified by IACS, RF Gosstandart. Since 1999 RS has been recognized by the European Union and acting in accordance with Council Directive 94/57/EC and EN 45004.
- certification of industrial products and processes;
- certification of safety management systems of shipping companies and ships for compliance with the International Management Code for Safe Operation of Ships and for Pollution Prevention
Validity : from 12 months to 3 years- for serial certificates, for whole operation life - for shipment certification cases